Who has ever made a New Years Resolution? You set your goal: maybe it’s working out five times a week, eating healthier or increasing your savings. The first couple of weeks you do great. You go to the gym or pack a healthy lunch or set aside a certain amount of money. However, as more time goes on, you might lose focus of your goal. In fact, according to Forbes, just 8% of people achieve their New Years Resolution.
So what does this have to do with sales and goal setting? Well, setting goals is an important part of any business. By setting goals and following through with them, you can help add value, improve your business and increase sales. We outlined five steps to follow in order to successfully set and achieve goals for your business.
1. Be Realistic: No goal will be attainable if it is not realistic. Take a step back and evaluate if your business can truly accomplish it.
2. Construct Clear Goals: Simply put, your goals should be easy to understand. Make sure that both you and your employees know what is supposed to be achieved.
3. Include Ways To Measure Your Goal: Find a way to measure your goal. If you’re adding value to a product or service, by how much? If you’re increasing sales, by what amount or percentage? During Verde Martin’s sales audit, we devote an entire section of the audit to setting tangible goals.
4. Establish A Timeline: Think of when you would like to achieve your goal. Would you like to attain it in a month, a year, five years? Additionally, set milestones in order to track the progress of your goal.
5. Make Your Goals Meaningful and Motivating: If you care about the goal you are setting, you will be much more likely to achieve it. Your goal should motivate and excite you, not scare or overwhelm you. Set goals that are meaningful, and you will be much more likely to succeed.
Setting goals is an important aspect of any business. Goals help you identify your objectives and create a plan to attain them. Setting goals can help any business increase their sales. We hope that after reading this blog, you evaluate goals you have already set for your business or create new ones using these guidelines! Also, check out this video on how to achieve S.M.A.R.T goals: